Property Management Services
Servicing Broward and Palm Beach County
Property managers can save you time and money by managing the day-to-day tasks associated with your rental property. TBT Property management offers professional, friendly and customized property management service for individual owners and investors. Our portfolio of properties includes single family homes, townhouses, villas and condos. (Sorry we do not offer services, for Homeowners Associations and Condo Associations) TBT PM services are designed to maximize Return-On-Investment for all our customers.
Evaluate the Property and Determine Market Rental Rate
- Detailed interior and exterior inspection of property.
- List out all necessary repairs.
- Perform Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to determine the correct price.
- Work with property owner to secure the appropriate market price of property.
- Supervise contractor to ensure proper completion of all preoccupancy projects.
- Install Electronic lock box.
Market the property for ren
- List property on local Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Social media and virtual marketing.
- Place sign in front of property (if community allows).
- Work with other realtors and leasing agents to find a qualified tenant.
- Meet prospective tenants for showings.
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history and reference check.
- Credit application for prospective tenant with application fee.
- Write up leasing agreement.
Tenant Move In
- Buffer between landlord and tenant to avoid conflict.
- Set up tenant online portal.
- Review lease with tenant regarding rental payments and required property maintenance.
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenant sign a walkthrough verifying the condition of the property prior to move in.
- Collect first month, last month and security deposit.
Rent Collection/ During tenant occupancy
- Collect rent through online portal. Speedy transfer to owner account.
- Enforcing late fee and collection.
Maintenance and Repairs
- Rapid response to any issue to avoid problem from getting worse.
- Handle issues with association that may arise.
- Ongoing communication with tenant for any issue that the tenant may have regarding property, 24-hour emergency repair hot-line.
- Coordinate routine, preventative and emergency repairs.
- Provide a referral list of reliable licensed and insured contractors, who offer competitive pricing.
- Supervision of rehab and renovation projects.
- Track all repairs and repair request in the online portal, so owners can access for tax purposes.
- Recommend attorney to file eviction and assist with process.
Tenant Move Out
- Minimize turn-over time.
- Inspect property, take pictures of the condition of the property and log info into portal.
- Provide tenant and owner with a copy of walkthrough and estimated damage charges.
- Re-evaluate market for changes in rental price.
- Put the property back on the market for rent.
- Periodic inspection of property to ensure all is ok.
- Monitor maintenance issues that may arise.
- List for seasonal rental.
- Hurricane Preparations.
F.A.Q & ANSWERS
I have a property to rent! What do I do?
We make it easy for you. We will view the property and do the Market Analysis research. We will offer suggestions to prepare your property to rent, and help you determine the best rental asking price. WE will list your property for rent on the MLS service to make available to all real estate agents. But unlike most Realtors… our rental marketing doesn’t stop there! Our superior promotion bars none. Immediately we begin our Internet marketing to the top real estate websites and social media websites. Priced properly, and with our extensive marketing system, we find tenants quickly. Listen to us! We know the market!
How do I prepare the property for rent?
We can guide you through the most strategic needed. We will “walk through” your home and make suggestions such as painting, carpet cleaning or replacement and general overall cleaning. Curb appeal is important. Check your mailbox, front door and landscaping to update if necessary. Renting property is a business. Every penny counts! We can guide you in making good business decisions… we know what it takes to find the best tenants!
Who pays for your services?
The Landlord pays commission to real estate brokers, once the property is rented. Landlord also pays monthly property management fees. Our services are free to the tenants, so naturally, we have tenants on waiting lists. We know your concerns and work quickly to find a tenant, so your property does not remain vacant. Time is money!
What do you do when a potential tenant makes an offer?
We will run a credit and background check on the tenants (at their expense) and ask them to supply references of work history, rental history, prior Landlord information, bank statements and personal references. We will verify the information BEFORE presentation to you. This way we do not waste time and know the circumstances of the tenants to discuss with you.
Who prepares the lease?
We can prepare the lease using our real estate lease contract, the owner may prepare their own lease, or we can have an real estate attorney prepare an extensive management lease, at an additional cost. We can show these leases to you to review. You can be sure we will include all disclosures and documentation that is required by the State of Florida for all rentals.
What deposits do you collect with the lease?
We collect 1 month’s rent pus 2 months of security deposit for greater protection for the Landlord. Our lease terms are for one year, by law, but can be renewed annually. TBT tenants average 3 years or longer. Short-term leases are possible under certain circumstances.
How does property management work?
Once your property is rented, management will set up an account for you. You will receive statements noting rents collected and any repair costs needed. Management takes the worry from you. They work with the Landlord and Tenant to give good quality service. We want your tenants to renew and remain long term, ensuring the best return on your investment!
What happens between tenancies?
Expect to do normal cosmetic updating such as painting, carpet cleaning or replacement and any overall cleaning & repairs. Our management tenants are responsible for general cleaning & carpet cleaning before move-out. We will help with anything needed & supply photographs of the condition of your home.
May I see Landlord and Tenant References?
Yes, there are several testimonials on our web site. Please see what they have to say in their own words. We are a licensed and insured company who have been in business for more than five years. Our reputation with our customers is proven. You can count on us to make your transaction as easy as possible. We will take you through the process step by step.
What do I do if I want to buy or sell property?
You can buy or sell another property easily through us. Maybe you would like to purchase another of our management properties that is already rented. Or you can speak to our broker about selling your current property and what steps you need to follow. Less stress for you! We sell and buy many properties for landlords during the term they are with us. We have an extensive list of investors just like you who want to purchase properties. Once you are a client of ours – you will remain our client for life.
Who Pays for realtor’s service?
Our service is FREE to renters! Our service fees are covered by the landlord. We will help you every step of the way in finding your next home. We assist with obtaining your credit report, gathering necessary documents and put together the best offer package to submit to prospective landlord.
What properties can you show us?
We can show you any property on the market! We have access to the MLS service, which gives us a real time feed of all available rental properties in South Florida.
I drove by a house and liked what I saw from the outside. What should I do next?
Text or email us the address of that property, so we can check on the availability. Homes in today’s market don’t stay on the market long when they are priced correctly. If it’s available, we will schedule an appointment right away.
How long does it take to rent a home ?
Once we’ve located your new home and the lease has been signed by the landlord, it can take up to 30 days for you to move. Every community is different and has unique rules and regulations in their rental process.
I don’t have the best credit; can you still help me?
YES, of course! Below average FICO scores present a bit more of a challenge but can be overcome. We just must find the right fit. A good employment history and good references are often good substitute for good credit score.
What will it cost to move in?
Move in, in most cases, will cost three months plus application fee. 1st month rent and two-month security deposit. Tenant will have to pay for association application fee once landlord excepts lease. Some tenants offer more than the three months to better the chances of getting the property.
I have pets, is it still possible to find a rental?
Pets are part of the family and definitely should be included in living decisions. There are many landlords that will allow pet, we will find those landlords that will allow pets. Be sure to inform us of the kind of pet and any special needs. Pet deposits are usually required.
Is the information we share with our realtor confidential?
All Information collected by our team, is 100% confidential and can only be disclosed with your permission. Your information is shared only with participating agent, potential landlord and homeowner/ condo association. Trust is the LARGEST part of our business; we can’t operate without it!
What about short - term and long - term rentals ? Furnished or Unfurnished?
Most of our rentals are for a 1-year period and are unfurnished. Short-term rentals are available cost more per month and are not as common as long-term rentals. Furnished and unfurnished can be found based on your needs.
How can I start looking for available rentals?
Start with thebossteam.com to check for our available or coming soon rentals. From there you can search rentals all over Florida.
As a family-owned company, we’re committed to each of our clients. We’re equipped to handle large portfolios but small enough to provide undivided attention and superior customer service to single portfolios. We treat you like your family.
Contact The Boss Team Today For Details On How To Get FREE Property Management Services